Friday, February 19, 2010

CVS Pricematches

I stopped by my local CVS today and was surprised when I read the digital sign out front. It said that CVS will match any competitor's ad price AND will accept any competitor's coupons. This put CVS in line with Target and WalMart.

My Strategy
When I see an item that I think is a great deal, I intentionally go to a pricematching competitor to get the item. My thought is that there is a good chance that the product will be gone at the store that has the sale. To avoid this possibility, I will go to a pricematching store and work my deal there.
Be sure to always bring the ad with you when you pricematch. Be sure to be familiar with the store's pricematching policy also. That way you know what the corporate policy is and you can defend your transaction if need be.

2 comments:

  1. Was this at the Eden Prairie CVS? I often shop there so it would be great if they price-match and accept competitor coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,
    Yes, this is the CVS in EP! Glad this will help you out. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete