Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rebates

Do you take advantage of rebates as they come along? I know that they take time to cut UPCs or gather receipts, circle the items, fill out the form and find an envelope and stamp, but. . . I have come to realize that there are real savings in paying attention to the rebates that are available.

Now, I don't do all of the rebates that come along. I understand the tendancy to buy things that you don't need or to get so caught up in a rebate check coming in the mail that you forget that you are actually paying out of pocket for the item initally. I try to be careful and only buy what makes sense. Even with this mindset, I find that these are worth looking at.

Since the beginning of 2010 I have received $46 worth of rebate savings. That's not a ton, but it's more than a tank of gas!

Here are the rebates that I am looking at/working towards right now:

  • BP Express Oil Change always has a rebate form at the register. The rebate amount depends upon what type of oil change that you get. For the basic oil change which costs about $32 (after the $4 coupon of course!) the rebate amount is $7. You send the receipt along with the filled out form to the rebate center and you get a check back made out to BP Express Oil Change to go toward your next oil change. Not a bad deal at all! You also get a FREE car wash with each oil change. This is so convenient with the BP gas promotion that Rainbow Foods has going right now.

  • Proctor & Gamble Coupon Savings. Watch for details in the 2/21 P&G insert.

  • Olay $15 Rebate. Olay is a P&G product. When you purchase your Olay items for this rebate, ask for a rebate receipt so that you can use these same items towards the P&G deal listed above.

  • SC Johnson $5 Rebate: This is a great rebate! Buy 3 SC Johnson products and get $5 back. You can do this one 3 times per household. Sweet!
  • Coors Light Rebate: EXPIRED. This promotion was actually 4 different rebates. 2 of them didn't even involve the purchase of beer! They ranged from $7.50-$15.

I always post the rebates as I see them or come across them. Look at the requirements and the expiration dates and see if they might work for you. I'm happy to take the time to address an envelope and find a stamp if it means that I can make a good deal even better!

What rebates are you aware of? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment