Friday, June 12, 2009

Here We Go!

I am so excited to finally be taking my journey of saving at the grocery store one step further! For the past year I have been making a consistent effort to be a wise consumer when it comes to purchasing food. I have learned a lot and saved a ton! It was been really exciting to get to the point where I save approx. 50% on my weekly grocery bill.

As the months have passed by I find myself telling more and more people about how I do this. I have been able to teach my sisters, my mom and many friends a new way to look at their trips to the grocery store. It is so empowering to save big and be able to have more variety in my home while having several items each week to give to our local food shelf through our church donation program. It feels great to be a good steward of the grocery dollars! It has made a huge difference in our family budget for which I am grateful.

My dream now is to share this knowledge with more and more people. I would love to speak to groups that are interested in knowing what I know about shopping for food. I am interested in speaking with church groups, moms groups, corporate groups, etc. I am working on a website that will be a place for people to go for more information. This is so exciting! I am a teacher to my very core I have realized as I have gotten older. No matter where I end up, I find myself in the teacher role wanting to share what I know with those around me. I am hoping that this new venture will bode well for me. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment