Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Coupon Strategies Pay Off BIG!

One of my strategies with using coupons is to clip any coupon that I might use and and file it in a folder. Then I watch the weekly ads to see what is on sale that I might have coupons for. I scored big this week at Walgreens! I buy make-up at Walgreens when it is on sale. This week Neutrogena was BOGO on eye and lip items. I had (4) $3 coupons for Neutrogena make up that I had been hanging on to. I went to Walgreens and picked out some new lipstick, eyeliner and blush. I purchased a total of 6 make-up items with 4 of them qualifying for the BOGO deal. At the check out I waited for the clerk to scan all of my items. They totaled $62.26. Basically most make-up items are about $10/each. I then gave her my 4 coupons. With the coupons and the BOGO sale, I spent a total of $22 and saved $40! Be sure to notice that I used 2 coupons for each BOGO deal. You CAN use a coupon for an item that essentially becomes free once the register calculates things. This holds true at the grocery store as well. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment