Thursday, December 3, 2009

Macys Razor RipStik RipOff!

On 11/25 I posted an opportunity to get a Razor RipStik for $20 from Macys.com. The regular price is $99, so this was a great deal. I went online along with many others and purchased the item, paid for shipping and have since been waiting for a delivery.
Well. . . tonight I got an email stating that this price change was a mistake and that I would not be receiving the item that I ordered and paid for. Instead I would be receiving a credit and a 25% discount and free shipping if I wanted to go ahead and order this item at the new price.
Are you kidding me Macys? In this time of economic hardship and belt tightening you are going to seriously not honor this mistake that one of your employees apparently made? I am a frugal shopper and I see great deals all the time, so this deal didn't seem too good to be true. It seemed too good to not take advantage of quickly because it probably wouldn't last long.
I never shop at Macys because it's not conveniently located for me but I was happy to give them my business with this deal. You can bet that I won't be heading back to Macys any time in the near future after this! This same item was on sale last week at Target or some other large local retailer for $49. Of course I didn't buy it because I had one on the way already. Why would you offer it to me for $75 when other competitors are offering the same thing for much less?
Macys is apparently unaware of the power of the blogosphere. They must not know how news travels via the interent. I'm sure that this will be all over the place once others get their emails. This was a bad idea Macys! Shame on you!

4 comments:

  1. They did the same thing to me! I order 2, one for each son. I would have bought it from TRU w/Free shipping had I known this! Are they allowed to legally do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Glittergirl! Glad that I'm not the only one who is miffed about this. The email I received says that within their store policy it states that they can alter a price or not honor a price if they choose to. Forget the store policy and think about doing the right thing! With the competitive nature of the holiday shopping season, why would any retailer intentionally make themselves look bad? Beats me!
    Thanks for checking out my blog!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! I also ordered one for my 9 yr old son. I am very dissappointed about Macy's not honoring their price, especially since it was their mistake. Like you I passed on some other ripstik deals thinking I had one coming. I am especially upset that it took them 8 days to notify me of this when it didn't take them 8 days to correct the problem on their end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anon! I feel your pain on this one. I haven't hear anything back from Macys yet since I left my feedback. I'll let you know if I get any kind of a response.

    ReplyDelete